Thursday, September 16, 2010

Simply Betty Halloween!!!

I have designed this card for the awesome challenge at Simply Betty Stamps which is to create your best Halloween creation and to participate in a blog hop to celebrate the new release of 'Emo Halloweenies'. This challenge was so much fun because I love spooky Halloween stuff!!! The real challenge however, was to try and use Simply Betty Stamps that are not Halloween and to make them spooky. I chose to use the least 'Halloween-ish' Simply Betty stamps I had which are "London" and "Christian" from the awesome 'My Kids Emo World' set from Simply Betty Stamps. I have made a card which looks like a spooky haunted house when closed and it opens up to reveal who lives inside!

I wonder who lives inside this creepy house?.....


That looks like it might be Looney London!.....


and Creepy Christian!.......


It is Looney London and Creepy Christian!


Here is an up close view of inside the card. I handmade the cute little skull on the spiderweb using Fimo and I added glitter paper behind the spider web for added sparkle:



Check out the awesome new Emo Halloweenies at Simply Betty Stamps, they are gorgeous!

8 comments:

  1. What a cute, expertly placed card! Love the green skin, orange and purple! Love the gate fold too! Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe that came out so cute. I love how it opens. Thanks for joining us, Good luck.
    ~Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant, I love it! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahahahaaa! Awesome! I love how you've coloured them! they really do look like halloween images now! Great job and Im SO glad you were able to join us on the challenge!
    Cheers
    Cheri (from the SBS challenge team, hope you can join us there tomorrow!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing coloring and gorgeous elements on your card!!

    Thanks for joining us at SBS!!!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a fun card! They look SPOOKY all green like that. And the DP is FUN! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are just zombilicious! I love them green! Creepy-cute and fantastically done. Great job!
    Thanks for entering our blog hop challenges.
    ~lady b~
    SBC DT

    ReplyDelete