Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

I hope all the wonderful Mother's had a lovely Mother's Day today! Here is the Mother's Day card I made for the best mum in the whole world; my mum! My sweet bear stamp is designed by Penny Johnson for Stampavie called 'bird and bear'. I coloured him with copics and highlighted the flowers of the stamp with glossy accents. My flowers, buds and leaves are all from Hooked On Craft. As usual they all started off white and coloured them all with Glossy Accents in 'strawberry shortcake', 'tattered rose', 'honey dew mist', 'meadow green', and 'flower power'. I am having lots of fun lately with making two-toned flowers!

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

- Paper Kutz Challenge; Mother's Day
- Prairie Fairy Fridays; For the girls
- Southern Girls Challenge; Let's hear it for the girls
- Copic Oz; Challenge #10 Celebrate women
- Tuesday Throwdown; Mother's Day
- Craft Us Crazy; Mother's Day and flowers
- The Sisterhood of Crafters; Mother's Day

Here is my easel-style Mother's Day card:


Close up of the top half of my card:


Bottom part of my card:


Side view:


3 comments:

  1. What a GORGEOUS card!!! Beautiful design and detailing and the colouring is beautiful! :) Thanks for playing the CopicOz Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW ... this is FABULOUS! So colorful and happy! Awesome job!

    Sorry for being so late with viewing & commenting but sure glad I stopped by now to enjoy this creation!

    Thanks so much for sharing in our Mother's Day Challenge at The Sisterhood! Another challenge coming up this week ... please come back!

    Darlene
    One of the Sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow your flowers are gorgeous what fantastic colors and super papers and design, love your image, thanks so much for joining our "For the girls" challenge at Prairie Fairy Fridays
    Debs R
    xxx

    ReplyDelete