Thursday, October 27, 2011

Baby Shower!

My friend Karen is about to have twin babies so I wanted to make her a baby card. I don't get to make many baby cards so I had fun doing this one! I wanted to make a card with a washing line with baby clothes on it. My friend is having a boy and a girl so I made little girl clothes and little boy clothes! I cut my clothes out on my Cricut using 'everday paper dolls' and 'paper doll dress up' Cricut cartridges and then I inked the edges with 'tea dye' distress ink. I found a stash of tiny little buttons which I purchased ages ago from a craft show so I glued them onto the clothes; how cute are they? I also found a cute little picket fence and tiny little pegs that I had not used yet either so I finally got to use them on this card. It's amazing the goodies you find when you clean up your craft room! My flowers and tiny leaves are from Hooked On Craft and are glittered with stickles.
Hope you like my card!


I am entering my card into the following competitions:


- Simon Says Stamp Challenge. Anything goes
- Pile It On. Challenge #43; Be happy!
- The Squirrel and The Fox  Challenge # 3; One for the girls
CES Challenges. Challenge #59; New beginnings



3 comments:

  1. Oh how cute!! Love the 3D embellishments. Great idea for the different colored clothing. I bet your friend loves this!!

    Thank you for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
    xoxo, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just sooo cute ... I love the clothes hanging on the line ... a really nice idea ... and that picket fence is fantastic ... I need to try and find some. Julie :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!! Fab design and I love the dimension!! Thanks for playing along with our New Beginnings challenge at CES, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete